Melusina the french water goddess Part 2:
When the water goddess fell in love with the knight he promised here that she would be free to be herself if she would only be his wife. They settled it that she would be his wife and walk on feet but once a month, she might go to her own chamber, fill a great bath with water, and for one night only,be her fishy self. And so they lived in great happiness for many years. For he loved her and he understood that a woman cannot always live as a man. He understood that she would not always think as thought,walked as he walked, breathe the air that he took in. She would always be a different being from him,listening to a different element.
He understood that she needed her time alone,He understood that she had to close her eyes and sink beneath the glimmer of the water and swish her tail and breathe through her gills and forget the joys and trials of being a wife-just for a while, just once a month. They had children together, and they grew in health and beauty;he grew more prosperous and their castle was famous for its wealth and grace. It was famous also for the great beauty and sweetness of its lady, and visitors came from far away to see the castle, its lord, and his beautiful mysterious wife.
- mignon19001 reblogged this from ask-elizabeth-woodville
- tsukuyominomikoto likes this
- devil-s-minion reblogged this from lucrezialoveshercesare
- lucrezialoveshercesare reblogged this from ask-elizabeth-woodville
- ripple-fae reblogged this from ask-elizabeth-woodville
- apoisonappleaday likes this
- thereminsoul likes this
- mirrimazduur likes this
- yourmaidoftheseas likes this
- melusinadreams reblogged this from ask-elizabeth-woodville
- ask-elizabeth-woodville posted this